Day 1: An In-Depth First Day!

For the beginning of this Independent A-Term, the first activity I started with was quick review of Arabic vocabulary that I've been learning over the past few months.

    In the morning throughout my lesson, Ms. Samira and I went over different example sentences of my vocabulary, and into the latter half of the morning, I began to learn about some new grammar and sentences to memorize. 

    The first part of the lesson was definitely not as challenging as the new grammar, since we were just reviewing words that I was already familiar with. The new concepts I learned were ways in which I could talk about myself and other people in a sentence. This was probably the most difficult structure in Arabic that I've learned so far, since it's very different from how English's structure is. 

    After finishing up my lesson, I had lunch and took a short break before moving onto the reading I had for the day.

    For the rest of the afternoon, I was assigned to read the introduction to one of the books in the planned curriculum, Introduction to Arabic: A Modern Literary Language. Like the Arabic lesson I had earlier in the morning, this reading was equally as challenging since I'm not used to reading a mixture of Arabic and English. This was also difficult for me because I haven't read Arabic literature in awhile, so it also became a good review for me.

    After reading as much as I could, I ended the day and finished the first day of my Independent A-Term!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 8: A Fun-Filled Day!

Day 7: Literature and Historical Reflection!

Day 6!